very constant what i think might be contractions

i keep getting these little crampy pains in my pelvis.idk if there contractions or what?should i go to the doc or sit it out or what?should i wait until i see if my water breaks?how do you get low amniotic fluid?its my 1st pregnancy so oim clueless as 2 wut im suppose 2 really look 4 besides a mucus plug even though i heard some women dont get it and the water breaking.im 36 weeks and 6 days by the way.

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 4:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just saw that you're 36 weeks. Sorry. Late night & I'm tired. IF you have increasingly painful contractions, call your doctor and talk to him. It is normal to have pain in the pelvis. It is called round ligament pain and it is basically the muscles in your pelvis stretching to prepare for labor. It is not something to be alarmed about. Lie down, get some rest, and see what happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Wait until you have to focus in order to get through contractions.

If your water breaks it is NOT an emergency. Wait at home for the contractions but do NOT stick anything into your vagina (even a finger).

Your amniotic fluid replenishes itself, so do not worry about getting low amniotic fluid. Stay hydrated so that you keep producing enough.

Some women don't lose the mucus plug til the end of labor (I never lost mine til right before pushing).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2009