is my husband smoking affecting me getting pregnant?

help
its been 7 months of trying

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• no.. my fiance is a chain smoker and I was a smoker as well. we got pregnant 3 months after having sex.
    have you been stressing during the sex trying to get pregnant? because that can affect it. so try to relax, have fun. in most cases that works.. just forget you're trying to have a baby and have fun and you should be able to conceive.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 6:01 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• if hes smoking marijuana then yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Honestly, it could be! I have done LOTS and LOTS of research due to this being the 5 yr of trying, and only being 22 at that. But anyways it can be his smoking or it could be several other things. I mean it takes the average healthy couple up to a whole year to get pregnant. So I wouldn't be stressing to bad yet. A dr won't even help you till a yr of trying! Here is something I found the other day while doing my research..... it won't all fit so I will paste it in another reply!

Jess21143

Answer by Jess21143 at 7:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Behind the Fertility Smokescreen
    Among the most important of these outside factors, say doctors, is smoking. While most folks are aware that cigarettes and pregnancy don't mix, fertility experts say fewer seem to realize the impact that smoking has on fertility.
    "It can dramatically reduce both male and female fertility and it really impacts conception rates," says Frederick Licciardi, MD. In one study published in the journal Fertility and Sterility, sperm counts averaged 17% lower in smokers. More recently, a Polish study showed smoking dramatically lowered sperm count and disrupted the health of sperm. In women, Pisarska says smokers not only have a higher rate of infertility overall, but also those who do get pregnant take a much longer time to conceive.In one study published in the journal Fertility and Sterility, doctors found that men who stopped smoking experienced a rise in sperm count of up to 800%!
    Jess21143

Answer by Jess21143 at 7:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• yes it could. i had friends who were trying for years. he refused to quit cuz he didnt think he was the problem. drs told him he was being selfish and it wouldnt hurt to quit. sure enough after a long struggle to conceive they did
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 11:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009