what do you think about SAHMs or a mom in general leaving there kids in PJ's AL DAY

My sister is known for this, she happends to be a sahm, thou working mothers sometimes do this too, however working mothers are more apt to dress there LO's because they have to get to a sitter, or day care.
My sister will leave her son in the same footed PJ's all day, all night, and into the next, sometimes I sware his pjs could stand up by themselves.
She will even bath him, and put him back in dirty PJS.
I just feel leaving your children in PJs instead of getting them up and dressed is pure laziness.
Does anyone feel the same.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• YES! I know what you mean because my sister would do it too. Before the kids went to school, they'd be in their PJ's all day too but she would change them after a shower. Now when the kids come home from school, they change into their PJ's and I just find it so annoying. Please, we don't grow up to be adults wearing PJ's all the time. This type of action just sets a mood to the way the kids will be when they grow up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Too gross! Since my son was little he knew to at least change his clothes. Lately he has been a little lazy as have I but no! I tell him to take a shower and change his clothes. I MAY let him slide after he knocks out in the same shirt he fell asleep in but he has to shower and change his clothes if he had a "lazy day" or if I was too busy to be on him. Footie pajamas all day and then bathe and back into the footie pj's? NO!!!!!
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 5:57 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• ok being in CLEAN pj's during the day is fine..its comfy. my lil one loves to be naked so i let her run around in p ull ups all the time. BUT..if the pj's are dirty..you change them..after a bath you do not put the same clothes on..thats just common sense and she is being lazy
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 6:06 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 6:06 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with a child being in pj's all day if they aren't going out of the house, but they need to be changed in the morning, then for bed, again the next morning, and anytime they get dirty - it's just common sense.
    If a parent leaves their child in the same outfit for day after day and allows them to sleep in them, then I wonder if they themselves are changing their own clothes or are taking care of their own personal hygiene. I wouldn't want to be near them if they didn't.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:40 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My kids are 9 and 15 ..I don't get them dressed lol. Some days when we aren't going anywhere ...and I like to go on a cleaning spree, we'll just stay in our PJ's all day ..well until the cleaning is over with. There have been days this summer, like after vacation, that I've just said screw it ...lets have a lazy day and we've all stayed in our PJ's. But we are all showered and clean ....and they wear different PJ's every night so I don't get the big deal!

Now what the OP said ...is pretty lazy of her sister, and gross!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think PJ's during the day is FINE! As long as you are getting a clean change of clothes once a day! My DS stays in his PJ's during the day, but after dinner it is bath time and then CLEAN PJ's! He does not have tons of clothes. However if we have plans of getting out of the house he gets his clothes put on! I see nothing wrong with this! however getting dirty and bathing then the same dirty jammies is just yucky to me!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:03 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i dont think there is anything wrong with leaving them in pj's if your a sahm and if your in your pj's all day.. lord knows i do sometimes. (let the bashing begin...)

but as for taking them out to the sitter, sometimes its ok if your just running late. but the pj's must be clean!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• If it's raining out all day, my kids will stay in their pj's all day but they will put on clean ones that night to go to sleep.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• When my kids were toddlers, I'd let them romp around in footed sleepers when it was really cold out. They got a warm bath every night.

Maybe it is laziness, or just a different parenting style.

realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 9:21 AM on Aug. 5, 2009