Green poop?

What does that mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• formula fed babies get green poop b/c of the iron in the formula. poop is literally green
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 6:13 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• If you are not talking about formula fed babies then it could be the result of blue food dye.  My daughter had some raspberry ice cream once that was a lurid blue colour and the next day her poop was dark green.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Something a person ate, I suppose. Strong green veggies will have that affect on some people. Spinach is the biggest culprit. Sometimes a person's excrement will be black from spinach instead. Food dyes can also have the same affect. It isn't anything to worry about.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I've read that sometimes a person can poop green if their digestive tract is moving quickly. Not a bad thing.
    adove01

Answer by adove01 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Too much asparagus?

realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 9:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• blue popsicles!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• For my daughter, it means that she ate a lot of blueberries

Answer by rkoloms at 2:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009