What do you gather from Clinton bringing back the journalists?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It will be interesting to know what Clinton, a private citizen, 'negotiated' on behalf of the US for their release. Didn't Sec of State Clinton already Apologize for their 'acts' a while ago? So N.Korea does NOT acknowledge her, but they acknowledge Billy boy? I think it makes Hillary look weak. jmo...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:35 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Hillary must be furious. I think she said that the journalists had to face the consequences of their actions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Bill Clinton has left North Korea with the two pardoned American journalists, a spokesman for the former president said Tuesday.

"President Clinton has safely left North Korea with Laura Ling and Euna Lee," Clinton spokesman Matt McKenna said in a statement. "They are en route to Los Angeles where Laura and Euna will be reunited with their families."

The women, dressed in short-sleeved shirts and jeans, appeared healthy as they climbed the steps to the plane and shook hands with Clinton before getting into the jet, APTN footage in Pyongyang showed. Clinton waved, put his hand over his heart and then saluted.

North Korean officials waved as the plane took off.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Il issued a "special pardon" for the reporters after Clinton made a surprise visit to the communist nation to negotiate their release Tuesday morning. foxnews.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• and not just Hillary....Obama looks pretty weak too! lol
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Also,Isn't Kim being “rewarded” for kidnapping journalists with a media hyped visit by a former President of the United States?
    Would it have been too humiliating for Obama's ego for HIllary or a current Obamaite to make the voyage? Let's just send Bill. He is like "Mikey" from the Life Cereal commerical.. (dating myself there, aren't I..lol)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I hope that this event is not something to cover something big going on. God be with us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• LOL...Mikey!!!! I understand that both Richardson and Gore were DENIED from being able to speak to Kim Jong Il...I guess Bill was just the next one down on the pecking order....good thing they didn't get to Carter, I can only imagine what HE would have promised them in the name of peace!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I hope that this event is not something to cover something big going on. God be with us

***

You mean, like ObamaCare?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

***

You mean, like ObamaCare?! :o)

Lori You've got me there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I was wondering where carter was.....that would be something he would do....I glad the girls are home anyway.

And I agree having former President Bill Clinton do this made Hillary and Obama look weak.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2009