Where were you when your water broke?

I never hear about people's water breaking in the shower or someplace convenient. LOL. The doc broke mine and if that's your case, that answer is no fun. I want to hear from people who's water broke on it's own!

My cousin said she was in bed and it gushed all over. Like even on the floor. I'm sticking garbage bags under the mattress pad LOL.

So where were you?

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 8:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My 1st kid I was in bed asleep at 9am. All of a sudden I felt & heard this huge POP in my belly. I bolted awake from a dead sleep and rushed to the bathroom just n time to have my water come FLOODING out. I never knew a pregnant woman could move so fast, lol.

My 2nd kid, I had been in labor for 25 hours. We had just go to the hospital and the nurses were all bugging me. I tell them between contractions that I'm feeling my uterus pushing down and I can't stop it so they go to check me. Right after the check my water bursts and goes shooting out of my vagina and partially hits one of the nurses ;)
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 9:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Mine broke when I laid down in bed but it didnt gush out, thank God! It just ran down my leg and so I got out of bed, thinking I had peed myself, I went to the bathroom and right as I was about to sit on the toilet it came gushing out so I got a change of pants, walked into the living room and told my mom my water broke she looked at me and the change of pants I had on were already soaked she was like o my God, get your stuff, her reaction made me laugh.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 8:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i was walking around the garden with a friend when my waters broke. when all down my legs, it was not nice feeling
    doodle2009

Answer by doodle2009 at 8:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I was asleep in bed. I woke up and thought I peed the bed. It took me a minute to realize what had happened. :)
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 8:51 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• LOL At least you weren't like in Walmart checkout or something. We were invited to a few gatherings last weekend. I'm soo scared that my water's going to break on someone's couch! There's nothing you can do, but that's a great first impression! I wonder if that's covered under insurance. At least we have fabric protection on our couch, so if they can't clean it, we can get a new one.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i was in the living room of our old apt. i was sleeping on the couch bc i was getting up during ctx and didn't want to wake dh up. so, i got up during one of the ctx and i had one big gush. nothing else came after that. i went to the hospital and 44 mins later i had my son. and after he was born, the rest of my water came out. i drenched my dr. lol
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• actually, mine was convenient...lol. I had been laying in bed getting ready to go to sleep, just a little before midnight when I felt this "pop pop" in my tummy (I didn't hear it). But my water didn't burst or start leaking then. My contractions started just minutes after I felt that, and were right off the bat 4-6mins apart. I decided I wanted to take a quick shower and keep timing my contractions...and after I got out of the shower I went to go to the bathroom, and a few minutes after I was done peeing....my water started leaking...into the toilet!, lol. I didn't burst, but it then leaked for next 45mins or so.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Luckily for me I was at home when mine broke. It wasn't actually a big gush at first. First it slowly leaked out and it was dark so I didn't notice. I just thought that I was having really runny discharge and then after I while I was like what the heck is going on so I went and turned the light on and it was pinkish so I went and called the dr and decided to eat some breakfast while I waited for the call back and I felt like I was going to pee myself so I got up and it gushed all over my couch.
    BethRae

Answer by BethRae at 12:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• LOL NDFanatik That's what they get!. Love it! keep 'em coming!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009