Is this another mental case?

Joe Mandak

Bridgeville, Pa. — The Associated Press Last updated on Wednesday, Aug. 05, 2009 04:29AM EDT

An armed man strolled to the back of an exercise class at a health club in suburban Pittsburgh on Tuesday night and then pulled out at least two guns and fired 52 shots, killing three women and himself, and injuring at least nine other women, authorities said.

Two women and the man believed to be the shooter died at the scene and another woman died on the way to a hospital, Allegheny County police Superintendent Charles Moffatt said at a news conference early Wednesday.

Supt. Moffatt said the gunman was a member of the health club and had identification but that police needed to check fingerprints and speak to his family to confirm his identity. cnn.com

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• According to his blog, he hasn't had a girlfriend for over 20 years. And has been on two dates since May of last year. So I don't think his motive was to kill any one person in particular, more just out of anger towards women in general. He never hints in his blog that he's after any one person...but he obviously had some overall woman issues and feelings of rejection.

I have quite a few friends who go to that gym on a regular basis. Thankfully nobody was there.

I think what saddens me the most, is that in today's day and age, where all too often killers openly talk about their deadly plans on the internet, that nothing is ever done to stop it. You can claim that the FBI and whoever else closely monitor these types of things, but in the end there's always a facebook/myspace/blog talking about said plans and yet these people are still able to follow through with it... sad sad sad.
    Mommi229

Answer by Mommi229 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• One of the witnesses helped a woman out that said: "He's gonna kill me...he's my ex-boyfriend...he's gonna kill me..."

Unfortunately it's just another case of some jilted, unbalanced, obsessive ex deciding that if he can't have his ex, then no one can, and why not take out a few other women for sport in a "blaze of glory?!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:35 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Pathetic. He felt entitled to her life, because she chose not to be with him. Obsessed. Mentally Disturbed. Low Life seeking attention... Take your pick...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Sick I tell you. They should just kill themselves and leave other people alone.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I dont think anyone who would do something like this wouldnt have SOME kind of mental issues.. let him fry.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• He BLOGGED about his plans?!?!?!?

http://www.huliq.com/6168/84514/george-sodini-blogged-about-la-fitness-shooting

Hmmmm....maybe some people should take bloggers a little more seriously!!!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Complete ramblings.....

http://georgesodini.com/20090804.htm

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:04 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

He is already dead!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:13 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• "Unfortunately I talked to my neighbor today, who is very positive and upbeat. I need to remain focused and absorbed COMPLETELY. Last time I tried this, in January, I chickened out. Lets see how this new approach works."

from his twitter: Crazy dude!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• LoriKeet I think that the police and FBI have staff monitoring any strange cyber activity. Didn't you hear about the system which goes by picking up keywords to pinpoint any strange activities going on on the Internet?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2009