• In the Spotlight:

10 month old did not pee all night, would you worry??

I change his diaper at 10 pm, I felt his diaper at 6:15 am because he was restless (which is not unusual) it was dry, he did not pee all night long. I nursed him at least two times in the middle of the night and a long session before I put him down to bed. Should I be freaking out (I kind of am already) or watch his pattern through the day and see how that goes? Thanks for the help.

lesliebabl

Asked by lesliebabl at 8:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would only worry if at his next diaper change it was dry. Once in awhile they do wake up dry then have a load for you later, lol.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• No, babys bladder will get stronger as he gets older. This is a good sign.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• He could just have a strong bladder. Sometimes the muscle down there is stronger in some kids than in others. It could be that his muscle is strong enough to hold pee in there for a while (this will be good for potty training!!!!) Other times kids/baby's have weak muscles & can't hold it in very long, these children have a harder time potty training due to frequent accidents. If he is drinking enough fluids, then i would not be worried at all. And yeah, he'll probably have a load for ya pretty soon...lol!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You could make a late afternoon doctors appointment then cancel it if he has a wet diaper, but at 10 months his body may just be maturing.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:15 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Unless he has been sick and not drinking or eating much and the next check in an hour after waking is still dry, I would not worry about it. If there are no other outward signs of sickness, he should be fine.

What scares me is when I realize the diaper is dry and little one is laying there naked. I hurry to get the next diaper on becuase the pee explosion could happen anytime!
    1stTimeMom2Ella

Answer by 1stTimeMom2Ella at 9:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my daughter has done that a couple of times.. than about an hour later her diaper is leaking because she let it all go.. that sucks when it happens.
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 9:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I remember that happening with my two older kids. It would be dry in the morning soon after changing it would be soaked.
    abelmm2

Answer by abelmm2 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• With it being the summer and very hot also be aware of dehydration. My DD was peeing less because she was loosing it all as sweat.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 11:19 AM on Aug. 5, 2009