how long were you in labour for?

this is a question for women who have had more than one child. I'm pregnant with my second child and when i was in labour with my first i was in labour for 30 hours. i just want to know if it gets easier as you have more kids

doodle2009

Asked by doodle2009 at 9:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my first child 26 in a half hours !! and my second 5 hours but then a emergency c section my third no clue yet lol im 11 weeks so good luck on you!!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• 1 labor three sections. 1st labor plug came out a friday a.m. contractions started friday night. my son was born Monday night into Tuesday morning at 1a.m being after all that a csection. My second baby was a planned section. My third baby's ultrasound the day before she was born the tech told us I was having contractions and might not make it to the planned section the next morning, the next morning by third csection our third baby was born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My first labor was 19 hours and pushed for an hour and a half. My second was 4 1/2 hours and pushed for 10 min.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 9:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I never labored with my 1st kid, so my 2nd labor was essentially my 1st labor in all ways. It was 25 hours. Everyone says that was a long time, but I would have been happy to go longer... I LOVED my labor. I tell you, researching and practicing different pain reliefs techniques pretty much made my natural labor wonderful.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 9:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My first was a scheduled C-section, so my second baby was my first labor, but it was 8.5 hours long, from first contraction to baby coming out.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My 1st I was induced and had about 11 hours of labor with 2 hours of pushing. 2nd was about 10 hours and I really didn't push at all she kind of fell out. I'm 18 weeks with #3 so we'll have to see.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• With my first one 10 hours. And with my 2nd. only 3 and half hours. they was both normal deliverys. and no meds.
    Caspermommy

Answer by Caspermommy at 12:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• actualy labor was 9 1/2 hours but it started the day befor with 1or 2 contractions ever few hours
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 1:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• 5 hours and pushes for 30 minutes
    victoriak12708

Answer by victoriak12708 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I was in labor with my first for about 2 hours. 20 minutes of that was pushing. With my second baby I was in labor for 1 hour and pushed for less then 5 minutes. With my third child I was induced with cervidil. I dozed off and on from 11pm until 1:45am. When I woke up I was having intense contractions and my doctor checked me and I was 9cm dialated. I delivered my baby at 1:51am after trying not to push because my doctor wasn't ready. My baby was born on the bed and I had to tell my doctor she was out. My doctor pulled back the blankets and picked up the baby and told us it was a girl. I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant with baby #4 and I'm hoping to make it to the hospital. lol
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 2:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2009