how long were you in labour for?

this is a question for women who have had more than one child. I'm pregnant with my second child and when i was in labour with my first i was in labour for 30 hours. i just want to know if it gets easier as you have more kids

Asked by doodle2009 at 9:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my first child 26 in a half hours !! and my second 5 hours but then a emergency c section my third no clue yet lol im 11 weeks so good luck on you!!!

Answer by ohmama213 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• 1 labor three sections. 1st labor plug came out a friday a.m. contractions started friday night. my son was born Monday night into Tuesday morning at 1a.m being after all that a csection. My second baby was a planned section. My third baby's ultrasound the day before she was born the tech told us I was having contractions and might not make it to the planned section the next morning, the next morning by third csection our third baby was born.

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My first labor was 19 hours and pushed for an hour and a half. My second was 4 1/2 hours and pushed for 10 min.

Answer by frapanda at 9:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I never labored with my 1st kid, so my 2nd labor was essentially my 1st labor in all ways. It was 25 hours. Everyone says that was a long time, but I would have been happy to go longer... I LOVED my labor. I tell you, researching and practicing different pain reliefs techniques pretty much made my natural labor wonderful.

Answer by NDFanatik at 9:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My first was a scheduled C-section, so my second baby was my first labor, but it was 8.5 hours long, from first contraction to baby coming out.

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My 1st I was induced and had about 11 hours of labor with 2 hours of pushing. 2nd was about 10 hours and I really didn't push at all she kind of fell out. I'm 18 weeks with #3 so we'll have to see.

Answer by lil_angel00 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• With my first one 10 hours. And with my 2nd. only 3 and half hours. they was both normal deliverys. and no meds.

Answer by Caspermommy at 12:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• actualy labor was 9 1/2 hours but it started the day befor with 1or 2 contractions ever few hours

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 1:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• 5 hours and pushes for 30 minutes

Answer by victoriak12708 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I was in labor with my first for about 2 hours. 20 minutes of that was pushing. With my second baby I was in labor for 1 hour and pushed for less then 5 minutes. With my third child I was induced with cervidil. I dozed off and on from 11pm until 1:45am. When I woke up I was having intense contractions and my doctor checked me and I was 9cm dialated. I delivered my baby at 1:51am after trying not to push because my doctor wasn't ready. My baby was born on the bed and I had to tell my doctor she was out. My doctor pulled back the blankets and picked up the baby and told us it was a girl. I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant with baby #4 and I'm hoping to make it to the hospital. lol

Answer by _Momof3_ at 2:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2009