my baby eats.. and eats.. and EATS...

my 8 month old DD used to refuse solids till last month now she can put away the food! she has five 6-8oz bottle then has a whole stage 2 of fruits at breakfast and a stage 2 of veggies at her lunch meal and then she eats a whole stage 3 at dinner.. although last night ate a stage2 meat stage3 veggie and stage 2 fruit all at one sitting! shes 30 1/2 inches tall and 16lbs.. is it anything to be concerned about ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. She sounds really tall so maybe she's going through a growth spurt. As long as she's putting out as much as she's taking in (lol) then she should be okay. Mine is 7 months and eats a lot too, she's 27 in tall and 19 lbs.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:14 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• No, sounds healthy. Probably just a growth spurt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Sounds like a growth spurt. I didn't catch on to that till later with my son. Now that he is 8 and eats everything in sight I am so happy but honestly I have no idea where he puts it all.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• WOW! She's REALLY tall! LOL My one year old is only 28". I'm sure that's it. What the PP said. My DD did that too at about that age. I was worried she was eating too much. But like I said...she's 28" and 20lbs. So, no giant baby here! LOL :)
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 12:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my baby is really tall/long too..hes 4 months but i can tell hes going to be a big eater, he eats 8 oz now and 4-5 bottles....im sure hes gonna be tall like your baby at that stage and i wouldnt worry as long as his growth is going up on both height and weight, your doctor will let you know if it is not they always check that.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 1:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009