Do men really faint sometimes when in the delivery room? Has yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes. Mine almost did. He had to leave the room and was crying. Suprised me since he was a medic in the army. He's 230lbs and puts on this hard exterior, but most men are big softies. He also cried at her church dedication.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I don't know about all men, but mine didn't. My 3 sons were born by c-sections and my hubby did get see alot of what they were doing.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• No, but my husband had a big gushing nose bleed when they said it's time to push! I think his blood pressure spiked...
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• No, mine didn't but if he moved away from my head he probably would. He hates being in the delivery room but I make him be there anyway. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Nope! He even took a picture of our son coming out! :)

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Mine didn't faint but he HATES to be in the room, he does have my permission to leave..we bring back up, but so far he hasn't. He does hold my hand but turns and faces the wall, he doesn't even look when he cut's the cord!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Mine didn't but he did say when my son came out, he "looked kinda gross" Obviously the miracle of birth didn't make him as emotional as I hoped! He did great during my labor though. He stayed quiet, didn't piss me off and didn't object when I tried to tear his nipples off when he let go of my hand for a second!
    momof3jll

Answer by momof3jll at 10:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My first was a C-section, and my husband told me all about how neat it was to see my innards on the outside. ::eye roll:: My second was vaginal, and all he could say was how gross it was to see the baby coming out and he didn't think he could ever look at that area the same again (like I told him to look). He didn't faint or get anywhere near it, but he was really grossed out.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:31 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have heard of this happening but not to mine. My husband was wonderful both times. My first was a c-section. He was with me the whole time, helped hold on to me for the spinal. Went down by my side when dr. took her out, then went with her to the nursery. With the twins they were premie and vaginal. I was paniced and he did such a good job as coach the dr. told the nurse to leave us alone and let him coach. She actually told her to shut up her help wasn't needed.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009