Is Democracy getting in the way of the Liberal Spending/Special Interest Agenda?

Do you have links/stories/experiences to share that show town hall meeting in your district/state where people ar asking questions and voicing their opinion?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 9:20 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• a town-hall meeting. Topic: ObamaCare.
    Where:Ohio’s 1st CD, Rep Democrat Steve Dreihaus.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBa3dSGt0aE&feature=player_embedded
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:21 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I HOPE SO!

MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 9:23 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Steve Kagan (D-WI)
    Green Bay
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1eCYdPQUtk&feature=player_embedded
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• just go to drudge report, they are psoting them there. Of course the dems attempt at damage control is trying to blame the tea party patriots for it. They just don't get it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Senator Arlen Specter (R) or (D) (hard to keep up with which side he's on!) and Kathleen Sebillus at a Town Hall at the Independence Mall in Philadelphia last weekend......didn't go over too well! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb-6QfxqKnk

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Funny - the liberals try to convince us that spending is democracy! Of course it is. They didn't want the UHB vote to be delayed. They didn't want the representatives going home and actually seeing and listening to their constituents. They would find out how the country actually feels. This is how this whole thing is suppose to work. We elect someone to represent us because all of us can't go to Washington to speak. These people are shouting because they don't feel that they are being listened to by the government. It the representatives voted the will of the people (democracy) the spending won't happen (liberal socialism). It's the 1st Amendment in action. It's beautiful!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Wow, no money was spent AT ALL during 2000-2008..That Obama sure blew through that surplus and put us into two neverending and expensive wars. You all act like everything was perfect during the Bush admin. It was not. Obama is far from perfect, but do you all have anything else to do besides b!tch about him day in and day out? I did not vote for him, but even I do not sit around and bash him with post upon post upon post and make up sh!t.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• The problem is they aren't letting the other people in these towns ask questuions. I understand they want to protest and be heard, but the other people have a right to be heard as well...
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:21 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

You just don't get it, they ARE being staged!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Obama is far from perfect, but do you all have anything else to do besides b!tch about him day in and day out?

***
    If he weren't trying so hard to destroy this country....I'd ignore him, and wouldn't bother posting about his agenda. However, I happen to LOVE my country, and I would like for future generations to LOVE it too....this is why I do what I can to fight it...and you should to!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2009