How much tv does your 1 to 2 year old watch a day and what do they watch?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 9:21 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Not much. She's at day care, so no TV there. At home the TV is on in the evenings, but she doesn't seem to watch much. I do have a few videos, and she'll watch and sing along and point out the animals to me. But her attention span is still pretty short so she'll watch 10 minutes and move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have cartoons on first thing in the morning, so I can drink my coffee and wake up, so the TV is on from about 6:30-9, sometimes 10, but she doesn't just sit and watch it during that whole time. Plus, I put GMA on for an hour in that time frame. Then it's off all day, except during naptime when I watch my soaps, and when I catch the evening news. Then I'll put cartoons back on from 7-8, so they can wind down.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I keep Noggin on ALL day. However, she rarely watches is. She is too busy running around and playing. Occasionally she will stop and watch it for a 2 mintues, then she is right back to playing. Her favorite show is Dora. That is one that she may watch for 4 minutes instead of 2! LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• If the tv is on it is on PBS Sprout or it is Noddy or Little Einstein's on demand. It is on when the first wake up for about an hour or two. That is when I get my shower and eat breakfast. Then it it turned off for the day until bed time when they watch a show before bed. Depending on the day we may turn Sprout on at 6 and just have the goodnight show on until bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My 2 year old and I watch Sesame Street every day and that is it.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I keep it on Noggin too. She sometimes watches a show or two but only in the mornings and at night. Shell stop to watch Yo Gabba Gabba or the the Fresh Beats though.. shes obsessed with them. I even caught her doing some of the dance moves.. shes 20 months! Oh mY!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my 17 month old boy watches Noggin in the mornings. Backyardigans and Blues Clues are his favorite but he really loves moose and zee, this stays on for prob 1-2 hours and he only pays attention for a few minutes in between playing and running around.
    Rebecca25

Answer by Rebecca25 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Mine watches a little Spongebob (she looooooves Spongebob) and her My Baby Can Read videos. Anything else just doesn't hold her interest. She doesn't watch TV all that much throughout the day. Even if it's on, she's too busy playing to really pay attention.
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• None.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• in the morning i turn on cartoons and it's more like background noise while she eats breakfast, plays with her toys, etc. the only one she really pays attention to is sesame street and she learns so much from that show. today she counted to 15 :)

but anyway, after 10 the tv goes off and she doesn't watch any after that.
    totallysober

Answer by totallysober at 12:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2009