What did you do while pregnant?

I am 38 weeks pregnant today and I am completly board!!! I hit the nesting stage last week and now my whole house is completely clean and rearranged. My envelopes are filled out for the birth announcements, my bags are packed for the hospital. Help I need something to do before I drive myself and my husband nuts.

DanielleK21

Asked by DanielleK21 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• LOL about the birth annoucements. You really have nested! Well, you can go for walks, or just go walk around the mall if the heat is too much for you. I'm assuming you probably have the nursery all set up if you went through nesting already? If you like cooking, maybe look up new recipes and try cooking them, going to the store and buying all the stuff will waste some time. Good luck :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Do you have any hobbies or things you like to do for fun? I am a knitter and I love to read, so I did enjoy putting my feet up and either reading or knitting. If you are into scrapbooking-- why not make a family scrapbook? Put pictures of your husband and you as kids, and pictures of your life together. Add in things from your pregnancy-- like pictures from the showers, pictures of the ultrasounds....
    I hope the remaining pregnancy time goes by fast for you.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have some blogs that I update frequently and a few other projects. I started knitting, but got sick of it within a few days. I have a 4yr old, so there's always something for me to clean or do. We have every last thing we could need set up and waiting for her to come. It could be sitting there for another month, but at least if she comes early we're ready.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Cook a lasagna or meatloaf and stick it in the freezer- you'll really appreciate it after the baby comes!
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 9:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Installed the carseat? Mine was installed by the time I was 32 weeks, lmao. If you;re doing a scrap book, maybe mess with that?

Umm... one thing I did a LOT was read. If that's something you enjoy, go down to the library and get a book or 2!
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 9:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I made a scrapbook and journal for my son. I did our "family tree" for the scrap book and added all the pictures from the pregnancy. I wrote letters to my son while I was pregnant and that turned into something I still do, I update the journal telling him what he's been doing and things that have been going on his life.
    Other than that I baked a LOT. I crocheted. I read. And when I needed to get some energy out I put on music and danced like a moron around the house. :) GL Your almost there and then you won't be bored...
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Prepare for the birth-read The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth. Get a mani/pedi/massage. Do a belly cast. Make freezer meals. Get preggo pics done. Get some exercise-go for a walk.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Read for pleasure because you probably won't get much of a chance for awhile after the birth.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• LOL! We're in the same position. I've done the same stuff over and over for a week now. Everything is ready and waiting. I'm too tired to do much now even though my mind is racing. Oi.
    SxdUpAngel

Answer by SxdUpAngel at 10:21 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Cook and freeze meals so you won't have to cook for a while after the baby comes. Whatever you do for leisure activities (reading, knitting, whatever) do it now, because you won't have time when baby comes. Go swimming. It will keep you cool and give your back and ab muscles a break from holding up all that baby weight. Sleep, because that's another thing you won't have time for when baby comes.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2009