Is your debt beyond what you think you can handle?

I'm curious who is carrying debt that you are afraid will put you under. Who has debt beyond what they let on to those around them? How many are one crisis from financial crumble? Is it just us? I thought if we all saw we weren't alone..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes. I have only three thousand in debt. I can hardly make the everyday expenses. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• We are in a bad way, but are in the process of refinancing our home to get rid of some of our debt...but it won't clear it all up. We are one paycheck away from disaster.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Nope...I'm dept free:)
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• drowning. hubby lost his job and I will be laid off in the next few months. We were doing just ok when he was working the job before the one his just lost, but was laid off from there, too. Now, we are deeper in the pit than we were ever before. We are just praying that something comes our way.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Between my husband's school loans and my credit cards, we have about $20,000 in debt. About $16,000 in student loans and about $4,000 in credit card debt. That is three cards that we had to max out when our car broke down ($1700 in repairs) and then again when my husband was involved in a car accident and didn't get enough paid time. However, we are slowly chipping away at it, and it is getting better. So hopefully, some day, we will be able to breathe again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• 4 years ago we had a $25,000/year income and had $70,000 of debt (not including our house). Now we owe less than $25,000 by doing Dave Ramsey's plan. We have also paid cash for the birthing costs of 3 kids (a total of about $15,000) and we put my hubby through the last 2 years of school with cash. So we've not made any more debt, and we've paid down a lot of the debt we had. And we're still only making $31,000 a year. We've made a lot of sacrifices, cut a lot of expenses, and changed our lifestyle. It has made a huge difference and we feel hope - not despair. If it wasn't for Dave's plan, we would probably have drowned by now because what we had been doing obviously wasn't working.
    ReesesPieces

Answer by ReesesPieces at 2:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2009