WHAT CAN I DO IF MY DOG IS SCARED OF ME && EVERYTHING??

I JUST GOT THIS DOG YESTERDAY AND IT SEEMS LIKE SHE IS SCARED OF EVERYTHING I TRY TO PLAY WITH HER AND GET HER TO GO OUTSIDE BUT SHE DOESNT WANT TO.SHES ALWAYS UNDER THE TABLE I TRY MY HARDEST TO GET HER OUT && SHE DOESNT SEEM TO WANT TO..WHAT CAN I DO?

noahsmommy-010

Asked by noahsmommy-010 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pets

• Watch the dog whisperer show. He has some good ideas and points
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Is this a puppy or a grown dog? Do you know anything about its history???
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It will take some warming up. You just got her yesterday? It may take her a few days or a week to get used to her new, scary surroundings. If she is potty trained, leave her inside for an hour or so, and take yourself for a walk, that way she has some time where she can roam and check things out and not be so timid. But if she's overall just a timid dog, she may never come out of it, but you've got to learn to cope with it and give her the best life possible.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Be patient. When i got my first dog, she would cower when I tried to pet her. Over time, she would let me pat her head with any toy orjust play with her and be fine. The dog has been harmed, most likely, and will need to trust you ago. Just don't paly into the fear as it may be seen as a reward and encourage the behavior. Wait for the dog to come out and then reward.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• give her time moving to a strange place tramtizes animals...i would sit on the floor next to the table with some treats and just talk to her and offer her treats dont trry to force her out b/c that can cause more trama...just have patients
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Be really patient and the dog will come to you when it's ready. If the dog is a rescue there is notelling what they have been through. We have two rescues and our oldest has been with us for almost seven years and still cowers around men...they are very smart and have feelings like any other thing...so I would really suggest being extremely patient and let the dog build up trust for you. Good luck!
    sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My parents had a puppy that was like that. They named her "Hidy" She warmed up to my mom after a few weeks. never did like my dad. Just be patient and offer her love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009