How do you feel about the journalist coming home?

Obama said all americans should be thankful. I am ecstatic about the news. It was some ones mother ,daughter,wife friend. Lets see what happens with this news now.

Please do not bash anyone its just a question and my opinion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I should be thankful? I wasnt the one stomping around in North Korea without permission, but whatever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm very glad. The NK just gave away their leverage for a photo op with Clinton. I don't know what kind of documentary these ladies were compiling, but I feel certain they weren't trying to overthrow the NK's. I think this is a fine use of an ex-pres. There will be a lot of people who spin it into something else, but the bottom line is these ladies are home. I'm sure they could care less about the politics of the whole thing.

patriotic

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:51 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• they made a major boo boo, but i'm happy for them, that they are safe and back with their families
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm happy they are coming home.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:53 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I wonder how many of our tax dollars were given to NK in order to buy these women back to freedom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I don't care for Bill Clinton, and quite frankly, am a little concerned as to what "we" gave N. Korea in exchange for the journalists release.
    I am relieved and happy that they are home...I really am.
    However, at what cost?
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• anon :55 is right. There was a trade, you can count on it. NK was just trying to intimidate us with missile testing, and yet all I am hearing is how great it is that the journalists have come home. Even if KJI absolutely loves Clinton, he is pragmatic enough to know that he could get something for the two human lives he was holding onto. I wonder how much they cost the American Taxpayer. And don't get me wrong, if it were my sister / daughter / family member I wouldn't care how much. But I think we are entitled to that information.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I am ecstatic ... it was so outrageous that they were imprisoned so long.

I have an allergic reaction to the White House spinning this as part of their "dialogue with North Korea" ... they sound so infantile. EVERY TIME the U.S. has had ANY arrangement with North Korea, NK has reneged, violated, waggled their fingers in their ears. Diplomats & Secretaries of State have been stood up & cancelled on.

"Dialogue" ??! As far as North Korea is concerned it is purely a matter of They say "Jump!", and we ask "How high?"

That's why self-respecting foreign relations did NOT include "negotiating withOUT pre-conditions"
    But then, Obama has abundantly demonstrated that he has NO self-respect as the U.S. leader.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2009