Our kids get a D-Minus in...

Vitamin D we are not letting our kids get out enough in the sunlight. According to my dad's kidney specialist we need vit. D to help our kidneys function right. Of course milk is 1 way to get some vit.D You can read the article here I was just wondering if you knew that and how we all say that we are doing what's right for our children and yet we let them get vit. D defiincienthttp://blogs.abcnews.com/theworldnewser/2009/08/how-to-get-enough-vitamin-d.html
What are your thoughts on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My boys I am sure get enough however my daughter probably is not. She can not have vitamin D milk and such because it causes he major bowel trouble.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm sure my oldest son is getting enough - he's a fisherman & is outside all the time. My younger son probably isn't - he's more of a video game kid; that foolishness stops when school starts tomorrow & I'm not sure about my daughter.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 4:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have read some great information on Vit-D on Mercola.com. He was a traditional Dr. who turned in to an advocate for natuaral medician. Check it out. Good Luck!!
    Noble_One

Answer by Noble_One at 4:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2009