my 22 month old daughter just started calling me Mom indstead of Mama!

I don't like it lol. It makes me feel old. She started hearing me call my mother mom so then she started. How can I get her to still call me mama? She sounds so grown up when she says mom.

MomAt15woah

Asked by MomAt15woah at 10:14 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oooh my son did that. I just loved his tiny little voice and how he would say Mommy. So when he would say Mom I would reply "Mommy" and he got the hint fast.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I loved it when my guys went through the phase of calling me by my name. We decided they did it because their dad didn't call me mom but by my name, so they did the same. All 3 of them did this. I found out that all my friend's kids did the same thing. It happens at about age 4. It was strange for that little guy to just blast out my name instead of mom!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yea my daughter started calling her dad "babe" because that's was I call him lol
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 11:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my son called me mama and then mommy and when he is mad he says mom. hes almost 3 and my 4 month old can only say coo and goo and stuff like that!
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 12:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009