What does the bible say (if anything) about taking antidepressants?

I know it doesn't say anthing about the actual word "antidepressants" but is there anything in the bible that indicates that they are bad? I was taking zoloft for the last 2 yrs & stopped a month ago because I want to try dealing with my depression the natural way.. with supplements & exercise. But im starting to get very emotional & edgy & im also going through a bad break up with my S/O?? What should I do in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• take care of yourself if zoloft worked for you get back on it no reason to suffer with all of lifes crazieness... otherwise not sure if the bible would even mention anything like that... but don't base your life on a man made book live your life meaningfully as a good person you don't need a bible to do that!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• ((OP))

Thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I so agree with mirit.rose. You have to remember when the bible was written all they had was Franckensense and Mir! We are in a different world. I am a christian but I do not put my entire existence in the bible. Depression can be dealt with either meds or yourself. I also at one time took zoloft for a short time. I found I didn't need it. I am a happy, positive person and I may get depressed occasionally (like everyone), but I like to make Lemonade! I will dwell in my un-happy circumstances for a little while. Then I tell myself my pity party is over - what do I need to do next! And I make lemonade!
    I like having choices even when it seems we don't. We do. Chose to let life lead you - or YOU take the lead!
    Go to the cafemom site here: believe & achieve! Filled with inspiration! I love there dailys!
    they will really make you think and go on. Choose to be happy, sweetie! HUGS!!!!
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Take your antidepressants. Depression is a medical health issue, just like any other. It's caused by chemical imbalances in the brain. God wants us to be healthy. If it were cancer, would you blow off those medications?
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 4:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• TAKE YOUR MEDS, you only have so much stored in your body and it will run out.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• well sometimes ppl do not actually need medicine but sometimes you do..doctors will make yo believe you need a medication for every symptom you have and 1thing that helps your body damages another... but i do beleive in Gods Love and Gods Healing and I believe you can pray for God to help you with your depression. To mend your heart or what ever needs mended hecan do it..
    waytruthlife

Answer by waytruthlife at 2:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009