Pregnant and getting married

So we're 2 months pregnant, and want to get married before we move to my hometown, and he meets my extended family. We want to do a small JOP wedding, and then after the baby when we settle and both of our families can attend plan a traditional ceremony (his family will be coming from overseas) Does anyone have advice, tips, or stories to share. I'm a little nervous, but I want to make it nice as well, and maybe have a bbq after for all of our friends here that we'll be leaving, and share with them about our pregnancy (noone knows yet besides immediate family)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• no but it sounds like fun! congradulations!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:31 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i wish i could help but i am in the same sitch
    mommy123321

Answer by mommy123321 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Great idea for a bbq gathering after your wedding!!! Congratulations on baby and wedding!!!!!
    Just have a radio station on that plays your favorite music at your bbq and dance away!!! Blessings!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• That's how mine went! We went in jeans, tshirts, and I wore flipflops... I wasn't thinking it was going to be so "formal." with the JOP.

If I could do it over again, I'd pick my cute little dress and make DH wear NICE clothes, lol!

The bbq is a GREAT idea. Make it fun and send out invitations. It's a time to enjoy yourself!

And if you move before baby and DON'T get a baby shower, don't fret, you can throw a "Welcome home, baby!" party!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Well, I was 6 months preggo with our oldest when dh and I got married. We did the whole traditional thing though. I would keep the JOP wedding itself kinda simple (plain white dress for you, him in "dress-up" clothes). Keep it small. Then have fun at the bbq!
    As for the big, traditional one, i would go all out for it, because it is going to be more for the family then you two. Plus, by then you won't have to alter the dress as much as since your belly won't be growing almost daily. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Thank you everyone! My only problem with the JOP and BBQ is that none of my fam will be here
    mom2bee13

Answer by mom2bee13 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• there is nothing skankier than getting married when you have already whored around and got pregnant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• There's nothing trashier than acting ugly when there's no call for it, previous poster!
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 4:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think that sounds lovely!
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 4:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2009