Good snack ideas

I am looking for some suggestions on what kind of snacks to pack for my 8 month old son. He goes to a babysitter 3 days a week and I am running out of ideas for healthy snacks. He loves table foods and feeds himself well. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

J.P

Asked by J.P at 10:32 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• grated up carrots, quartered grapes, vanilla wafers, cantelope and watermelon
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Here's a few:
    - Cook up some whole grain pasta in a fun-to-eat-with-your-hands shape (like corkscrews).
    - Cook baby carrots for a few minutes to soften them up.
    - Roll bits of farmer cheese into balls.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I got tired of paying out the but for those Gerber cheese poofs and their other snack foods (even though she LOVED them). I found that she loves the Quaker Oats rice snacks (cheddar flavor) and she also loves strawberry newtons or I get the store brand apple breakfast bars. (ya know, the soft ones) My LO is a year, but your 8 month old should do great with these.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 12:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2009