what caregory...

i dont know where to put this so i will put this here.i was listening to talk radio yesterday and they were having a debate on post racism.so i went to work and one of my friends said there was a baby shower for her sister.everyperson in my work was invited that wasnt white.i was very hurt.i have know this family for a long time.i have noticed it has started to be a work place divided.mostly spanish.which i never had a problem with.if this is going to start happening i am going to get another job cause i dont need this,but i do feel bad.any ideas from any one white black green blue?i am a equal opportunity listener...(i feel as if i should be the one to start pulling out the race card)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why do you feel bad? I dont understand why you would. It's not your fault that they wanted to exclude white people.. I wonder how they would feel if you were throwing a baby shower and said all the hispanics/spanish people were not invited. I'm sure they'd be up in arms. Did they say why no white people were allowed by chance?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Well, she doesn't need any white people's gifts then, does she? Take what you were going to spend on her and get yourself a nice treat, and forget about it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:55 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I WOULDNT SAY NO HISPANICS OR BLACKS ALLOWED.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• sadly, race is still a common problem. while it isnt right, it isnt your fault and you shouldnt feel bad. if you have been good friends with this family, maybe she had a reason to not invite you because youre white. maybe she has some racist family members and didnt want to cause a problem? i would tell her that you were hurt you werent invited, and maybe ask her if there was a reason.
    allybot

Answer by allybot at 1:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009