I need some ideas for school lunches. My son will be in 1st grade and I'm sick of sending the same PB&J and Spaghetti O's. Any fun ideas for a picky eater???

Allyson1804

Asked by Allyson1804 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Well, since he's a picky eater, these ideas may be of no help, but here goes.....I have made chicken nuggets in the AM & packed them in a pre-heated thermos...Lunchmeat rolled into tubes either w/ or w/o a slice of cheese & send crackers on the side...chicken fried rice hot or cold in a thermos...veggie & fruit sticks w/a choice of dips (pnt. btr, salad dressing, caramel, etc.)...cream cheese & jelly on bread or a bagel...waffle or pancake sandwich w/choice of filling...salad, either fruit or veggie...meat & potatoe filled pastries...meatballs in sauce w/cheese...mini hotdogs w/beans...and pretty much whatever else you can think of....If you have a thermos or two, you can send in almost any type of hot or cold food that will fit in it. Just preheat the thermos with boiling water to get it hot, dry it quick, then fill w/food. I have a divided lunch kit w/hot & cold packs to use w/the appropriate food, so the variety is endless.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas that I have collected over the years. If you send me a message, I will forward a copy to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2009