my husband wants to take me out without the boys?

he thinks we need a break so he wants to leave the boys with my mom for a couple days while he takes me to a surprise. now i cant help but feel guilty for leaving them. why cant they go with us.?i dont know what to do should i leave them or tell him they should go with or go nowhere?

rosepetalluv

Asked by rosepetalluv at 10:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Hey at least your husband wants to do something sweet for you! Take it. This is vital for a healthy relationship, ALONE TIME! Go and enjoy yourselves. And don't feel guilty. Just tell your boys you'll bring home souvenirs! :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Go with your husband, he probably wants you to himself for a few days and wants a break from children, which is totally normal.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Your marriage deserves some time to reconnect and have it be just the two of you. Go for it and have fun.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:01 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• GO FOR IT! Your children will be just fine with grandma for a couple of days!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Let me point something out to you, one day those boys will grow up and move out. Your husband is supposed to be there forever. What are you gonna do when your babies move out and you don't have a relationship with your husband?

I'd be flattered that your husband wants some alone time with you. It's completely healthy for your marriage and for YOU to take a break and connect with the one you love.

Leave the kids in the care and love of their grandma (who will take great care of them) and enjoy your husband!!!
    Sonnut

Answer by Sonnut at 11:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Chill out and go for it you will regret it if you don't go!! At least your man wants to do this for you and I am sure your mom will take great care of them....She must have raised you right you seem like a good mother and such!!! Go have a blast and enjoy it!!!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Oh my goodness, you need to go and just leave the boys with grandma. It will be good for your marriage and for you. Yes, our children are important but they will grow up and move out. The relationship with your husband needs nurturing and caring all the time since eventually it will just be the two of you again someday. My DH and I try to go away every year for our anniversary for two nights (while the boys stay with grandparents). It is so nice to get a break and be able to focus on each other. We also try to go out at least once a month to dinner/movie without them. That time is well needed. This month we got lucky and my mil said, just leave them here overnight and you can get them at church in the morning. I love my kids, don't know what I would do without them, but my husband and our relationship comes first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Your husband is so sweet and it shows how much he loves you. Some day when your kids have grown up and left home, there will be just the two of you. It is important to remember that your marriage comes first. Your children need to see that. They need to know that Mommy and Daddy love each other-that sets the stage for their future relationships and you can set a good example for them. Go-have fun!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• The best gift you can give your kids is two happy parents with a healthy marriage.

So, GO. Leave the kids with grandma, and enjoy the time alone. Your kids will also benefit because they will have a closer relationship with their grandparents. They'll have a blast without you there. :)

Unfortunately, we don't live close to family, but we take every chance we get to go out alone, without our kids. It gives us a break, it gives us time to reconnect, and it's good for everyone.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Leave the boys with your mom. I agree with PPs. Alone time is necessary in a marriage. Your sons need you and your husband to model a healthy marital relationship & enjoying each other without the kids around is part of that. Think of the guilt you'll be saving yourself later in life, when your sons are both in fulfilling relationships because Mom & Dad showed them how!
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 4:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2009