Should i call my doc even though i have an app today

I have an app today at 2 but i woke up this morning with bad cramps and a wet spot in the bed it feels like i am leaking something but i cant figure what and it hasnt gone away What do you think should i go ahead and call or just wait? Thankyou

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd call just to give them a heads up that you could be having a problem, they can schedule you for more time that way knowing in advance - maybe include an ultrasound if necessary. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Even if it is your water, your water breaking isn't an emergency. Don't put anything into your vagina trying to figure out what's going on... that increases your risk of infection. If it does continue, I would stay at home until you have to focus through your contractions. THEN I would go in. If you go to your appt in labor that be very cool though, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Don't ever feel scared to call your doctor when you have a concern. If you feel that it is necessary then make a phone call and see what the nurse says. You may find out that you need to come in earlier. Good Luck and keep us posted.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Sounds like your water may have broken. How far along are you?

Go ahead and call, but unless you are before 36 weeks, they probably won't feel it necessary to move up your appt.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I would call your doctor. That is their job!
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 11:07 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• you can call and they might have you come in earlier or just wait. whatever you or more comfortable w/. i would just wait. if it is labor, then laboring at home will lessen your chance of getting lots of interventions.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2009