clothes question

anyone else having this issue? this is my second viable pregnancy. with my first i started showing around 4 and half mos. i am 11 weeks and i am not showing but my belly is getting round. my problem is that my clothes wont button comfortably. i even bought elastic waist shorts but they are squeezing me. is it too early to buy maternity clothes and how do i know what size to buy??

longonevs

Asked by longonevs at 10:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No it is not too early...every pregnancy is different and your body responds differently to each one! You purchase Maternity clothes based on your pre-pregnancy size! So if you are a small you buy small maternity clothes. If you are a Large then you buy the Large Maternity clothes. Sometimes you may need to go up a size if you change a lot like your breast doubling in size or if your legs swell, but in general you go with your pre-pregnancy size!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It isn't too early. I was like you with my second. I was wearing maternity by 11 weeks cause I was sick of those bella bands and jogging pants!!!
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 11:10 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm 13 weeks and already bought 2 pairs of maternity pants. I got one pair at Old Navy and LOVE them. They go below my belly and they have elastic at the top (not the blue elastic thingy, the elastics actually in the blue jean waistband) This is my second pregnancy so Im showig a little quicker and my normal jeans got really uncomfortable. I'd buy maternity clothes whenever you thought you needed them. As for what size, most come in S, M, and L and the one I got at Old Navy actually came in number sizes so you just have to try them on and maybe get some that are just a little bit too big bc you'll grow into them and have to buy more when you get REALLY big anyways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• no it's not too early. if you go to motherhood maternity, everything is to your pre-pregnancy size. 4-6 is a small, 8-10 is a medium, 12-14 is a large, and 16-18 is an extra-large. some other stores you might need to get a bigger or smaller size, it's all made differently. motherhood has very reasonable prices and the clothes don't even look like maternity. and they're all good to where after baby too. no one can tell it's maternity clothes.
    i've seen women come in and start buying stuff at 8 wks. it really depends on the person and pregnancy. you can look into getting the tummy sleeve (http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=930660111&MasterCategory_Id=MC32) this will give you more wear out of your normal clothes, and is good for afterwards too.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:22 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I would just buy some sweats cuz you'll just end up having to buy more maternity clothes later on and they're expensive!
    BethRae

Answer by BethRae at 12:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• There are these things you can buy called belly bands, its pretty much a big piece of elastic that you can wear over your pants and leave them unbuttoned to help make them last a little longer. I think Target sells them.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2009