Spitting up

My son is 7 months old and out of no where for the past 2 days he has been spitting up almost as much as when he was a newborn. Is there something I can give him to help him with this? Its not a lot at once but it adds up cuz he will spit up 6-10 times in an hour

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• After he eats, make sure he stays upright for at least 30 minutes even if he's asleep. Are you feeding him too much? Maybe cut the amount in half and feed more often.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I totally agree with PP. This happened to me too. The Doc suggested the same. Split up the feeding. Give LO less at each time, but more often. And if I couldn't sit with my DD for that long after eating, I would just stick her in the swing for a few, like while I finished dishes. It seemed to help. That way she wasn't rolling all over the place and squishing her little tummy.
    You haven't switched any thing have you? It might be this way till LO is crawling and moving more. (after thought) It might also be because...is LO sitting up now? Doc also said that once they start moving more than just sitting with there bellies squished, they don't spit up as often. Mine stopped spitting up so much @ around the same time she started crawling.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 11:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I had a doc tell me that when my reflux spitter is getting used to a new body position - like sitting, crawling or standing, the spitting would get worse. The theory was true for my 2 refluxers, not as much for my happy spitter.

I would look at new body position, too much food at one time and new food introductions.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2009