Do you think getting a gift from your hubby for giving birth to his baby is ... a nice gesture? or unnecessary thing?

sometime back someone asked similar question, and there were really mean answers...

I know that our best gift is our babies... but if men were to give birth , I would definitely get my hubby a gift to show my appreciation for what he has gone through

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What kind of gift? Flowers or a something huge? I think it is both. It IS a nice gesture but I do think it is unecessary. My SO gave me flowers and I was so happy to have a healthy baby, I didn't even think of him getting me a gift.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I know this sounds selfish but I was hurt that nobody brought me anything. Not a card or balloon nothing. Maybe next time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I was hurt when I didn't get a gift also. And I tell ya what...this will set the tone for the rest of your life together. Mother's day, father's day, ect. If you want a gift or a big deal then TELL HIM. Do not ever make yourself into a martyr by saying, "it isn't a big deal." That is a wound that will fester forever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Anytime I get a gift it's a good time. I may be spoiled but I'll take a present for no reason....and pushing a baby out my girly bits seems like a good reason to me.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I got a gift from my hubby. Flowers and a diamond neckalace.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I was also hurt by not getting a gift. My dad brought me a thing of planted flowers, and the hosp room was so hot they wilted. I was distraught, and it sounds real sissy to say, I cried myself to sleep.

My two best friends KNEW I was going in to deliver when I did, 2 weeks ahead of time, yet still managed to be out of town for the weekend. I was lucky my mom even showed up to the hospital to welcome the baby, I told her not to come because of other family situations.

But dang, yeah, I'd have liked anything DH had to offer to help make me feel better those first couple days. Mine wouldn't quit kissing me on the forehead. I loved every minute of it.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think flowers, a card, a balloon, or something else along those lines is perfectly acceptable and a super sweet gesture on his part. I think women expecting something outrageous like expensive jewelry, etc. are just being greedy (little things like a charm or something to commemorate the day are great, however having worked in a jewelry store, you wouldn't believe the things that women have asked for as "push presents"). Those kinds of gifts I think are unnecessary, but I think it's nice for a woman to get something little from her husband to show his appreciation.

beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think it's a nice gesture. If money is tight a card or some flowers from the grocery store is fine. It doesn't have to be something huge. My problem is my husband bought me diamond earrings and gave them to me on our wedding day. Well a few months later we got a puppy and sure enough I took them off one day and put them on the end table, never to see them again. Pretty sure she ate them. So now when I say I want a piece of jewelry, I get the "you had your chance with jewelry" lecture. I've sent him a link to a nice mommy necklace I wouldn't mind and it isn't expensive - maybe like $25. If he gets it, yay!, if he doesn't, oh well.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Unnecessary.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my husband with our first gave me a stuffed animal that was a mom and a baby and a single rose (i told him when we first meet i wanted just one not 2 not 20 just 1).

with my 2nd he gave me some food!!! belive me i was hungry and he put a rose with my food
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 11:32 AM on Aug. 5, 2009