Have you ever heard of a staff infection? How is it treated? What has been your experience with it?

Doctor put me on antibiotics for staff infection. How else is it treated and why is it still happening if i am on the medecene?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Health

• I have been dealing with staph infections with my son every 4 to 6 weeks for the last year. Staph is nothing to mess around with. If it gets in your bloodstream, you could die. And if you have an abcess near a joint, you could lose a limb. I suppose your doc probably placed you on Bactrim (TrimethSulfameth - generic). Did they give you Bactroban (Muporicin -sp?) ointment? You should have been told to take meds, do warm compresses to get ALL the pus out and keep any sores covered with band-aids so they don't scab over before the pus gets out. Make sure you wash your hands frequently!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:35 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• BTW, staph will look worse the 2nd day of treatment but make sure you continue your meds and make sure you do the warm compresses to get all that pus out of the sores and keep them covered and wash your hands frequently. Now that you've had staph, you'll have to watch for it. Usually they reoccur every 6 weeks. I, myself, have had 3 in the last year. I lived with my in-laws and my son has had them every 6 weeks since last August (he has eczema so it's easy for him to get it) and my SIL who also has eczema has had 4 or 5, my FIL had one, my other SIL had 2. It really is nothing to mess with. I'm pretty used to it by now, but it still scares me!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2009