Just flat disgusted. *Repost*

Has anyone ever been kicked out of chat for a stupid reason? What was yours?

another member and I were talking about disciplining her 16 yo son, and all the meanwhile, others were chatting too. I didn't notice that they'd asked the subject be dropped, but once I said I was sorry and didn't notice, the admin said, "Damn" and I took it in reference to her asking me to stop. I said, "Wait, it's not ok for me to talk about a subject you don't like, but you can cuss at me?" She told me not to argue with her. I said, "I'm not arguing, but you didn't need to cuss at me." She then kicked me out of the chat.

I don't appreciate that one bit, and if that's the kind of thing that is tolerated and if that's the kind of leadership the group is run by, I'll just do my best not to participate.

*8* REPOST FROM LAST NIGHT, WANTED YOU DAYTIME LADIES' STORIES TOO!*8*

matobe

Asked by matobe at 11:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• And please, none of that "Rules are Rules" crap, I didn't break any rules!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Sounds like she was on a power trip. I'd fnd a better group to join and leave that one. There's not much more that you can do.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• How about JUST GET OVER IT. Maybe they don't LIKE YOU. Maybe this whole place is FULL OF MIDDLE AGED HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA QUEENS who like to torture others. Really though, that is how things are here. Clubs and cliques. If you want to "fit in" with those women ya gotta toe the line. Otherwise be like the minority here, me included and just say what you feel, and get kicked out. But whatever, quit whining about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Some leaders on here seem like they do it just for the power...im sorry that happened to u i would be freaking pissed
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 11:20 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I've made a lot of friends there, and I'm not willing to just, get over it and give it up because some gal thinks she's head honcho and can run things against the grain. Anon, you aren't any better by telling me what to do either... I'm an adult.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:22 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Then act like one. It is an internet chat room. If you don't like who they are/what they do you have the option of starting another group and holding your own chat. Your friends will follow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Boo hoo....I'd have probably kicked you out too. Seriously quit whining about it. Obviously "they" don't like you for some reason. Cut your losses and find a better place for you.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Wow, the harshness is just unnecessary ladies.

Sounds pretty typical for some women on here. At times it's very high schoolish around here, but don't be put off just rise above it all and do your own thing.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• ok it does sound like the admin was on a power trip. She didn't like her authority being questioned, and so she took what she felt was the right action. I can't say that I would have done differently in any situation. I also can say that I probably would have felt the same way you did.. but usually that's the point where I hit the little [x] in the top right hand corner and leave it alone. It helps a lot for me to not do something I'll regret like leaving a nasty comment or something along those lines. I hope you've gotten over it by now, go find a group that's better suited for you!!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• wow. i left cafemom for a few years because of the lack of support and I come back and LOOK-nothing has changed. The replies to this post are just cruel! I mean, someone has their feelings hurt, is venting, and needs some support, or even if she does need a quick reality check there are nicer ways to say things than "boo hoo". Seriously ladies, be NICE. it won't hurt you and it WILL help others.
    as for the chat admin--def on a power trip, I would just invite my friends to a new chat and start there. But I'd probably feel ticked that the person cussed at me too, especially since you stated that you were sorry you didn't see the request and you'd stop. You might have missed the request, but you were responding in an adult (or shall I say well mannered) way.
    Novemberwind

Answer by Novemberwind at 11:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2009