Camping at 7 months pregnant?

I live in georgia so its definitely hot. My husband wants to go camping this weekend and I don't mind going as long as its not gonna be harmful in any way. So my question is, is it safe for me to go camping in this heat at 7 months pregnant?

bmoore29

Asked by bmoore29 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep just keep hydrated and be aware of what your body is doing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• just bring plenty of water, and get an air matress if you don't have one already, your hips will thank you!
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I just went camping and I am 36 weeks. I stayed in a trailer though because the thought of getting up and down off an air mattress and peeing in the woods twenty times a night didn't sound fun. Just make sure you stay out of the sun as much as possible and stay hydrated.
    madelines_mom

Answer by madelines_mom at 11:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Shoot I did it. And it SUCKED! Man, I don't even know why you'd want to but have at it. Hopefully you have a better time than I did. Getting up in the middle of the night 4 times in the pitch black and holding a flashlight in your mouth so you can pee in a hole in the ground is not my cuppa.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• ok. thanks!! :)
    bmoore29

Answer by bmoore29 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I did and had a great time. We went with a group of friends and they all loved seeing my huge belly. I just wanted to add to be sure you use bug spray (even if you usually wouldn't). And as the others said be sure you get enough to eat and drink. enjoy!
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 11:32 AM on Aug. 5, 2009