• In the Spotlight:

OMG IT ALL CAME OUT YESTERDAY...

MY SON CAME HOME FROM A WEEKEND AT HIS FRIENDS, AND HIM AND MY DAUGHTER GOT INTO A HUGE FIGHT. MY SON 15 AND DAUGHTER 13 TOMORROW. HE TOLD HER TO STOP SWEARING AND SHE JUST STARTED NAMEING THEM ALL. THEN HE HIT HER SHE HIT HIM, THEN HE CALLED HER A SLUT, AND SHE THROUGHT A CAN OF DR.PEPPER IN HIS FACE, SO HE CALLED HER THAT AGAIN AND SHE DID THE SAME, AND TOLD HIM HE NEEDED TO GO BACK TO JUVEY.THEN HE STARTED SWINGING ON HER AND I HAD TO YELL FOR MY NEPHEW TO HELP MY BREAK THEM UP. HE WAS MAD CAUSE SHE GOT TO GO SPEND TIME ALONE WITH HER REAL FATHER, AND SHE WAS MAD BECAUSE THERE GRANNY CARES FOR HIM MORE. IT WAS THE WORST FIGHT THEY HAVE EVER HAD. IT WAS REALLY BAD. THEY FINALLY WENT SEPERATE WAYS AND COOLED OFF. MY SON WENT AND STAYED AT MY FRIENDS HOUSE JUST TO GET AWAY. WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP THEM OVER COME THERE ANGER. I'VE ALREADY TRIED COUNSELING.

okc-mom-2

Asked by okc-mom-2 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Uhhh Jerry Springer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Damn Anon! Great minds huh?!?
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• If your son has been in juvey and your daughter cusses like a sailor I'd like to know where you've been their whole lives. Kids only do what they know they can get away with
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Come on now, that's not cool. If you've tried counseling then maybe you should try it again. There is nothing wrong with continuing counseling.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Sibling rivalry has always been able to reach dramatic heights. They do need to work it out between them but it's obvious there needs to be a mediator, preferably not a family member. I think someone needs to speak to them individually and find out what each wants from the other to find peace in the family. Then bring them together and have them confirm the compromise. It's never easy on a child when one thinks someone loves the other more. I'd talk to the adults involved as well and have them quit favoring one over the other. Good luck on this.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i suggest to continue counseling until they work through their anger. one session will not do it .. it sounds like they need many sessions to get to the underlying issues.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think it's sad because it sounds like a lot of their problems come from other family members pitting them against each other from the start. Granny likes one best, Dad spends time with one and not the other, of course major jealousy issues are bound to come up and they would rather blame each other because it hurts less than blaming the adult in the situation.

Ignore the judgements above, you don't have to be a Springer candidate to have kids who don't get along. My brother and I could never quite manage to stay friends. One moment we're BFFs the next we are mortal enemies. Now days we're mostly just enemies unfortunately. I think that they just need time away from one another. Can one of them go stay with a friend or family member for a while? Distance really does help in these situations. It's hard when your kids can't get along. I know it has been for my mother.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I just don't get it. My kids would never EVER get away with fighting like that. They actually love each other. They tease, but I stop it before it gets too far. I think this is a troll post. Are peoples lives really this messed up? I have a hard time believing this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You can suggest counseling for the whole family... but if they do not wish to go then it will be fruitless..
    I would also suggest bringing in the whole family, father, granny... get it all out on the table... realisticaly your ds and dd may not get along again until they have grown up...

Good Luck
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2009