milk carton, missing kiddos

I've been curious for some time why the program of info on missing kids on milk cartons was abandoned. I was able to confirm it ran from 1979 til 1981. Does someone have any knowledge on how successful this was and, more importantly, why it stopped?? PS my apologies for the category choice... "just for fun" seemed horribly inappropriate

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 11:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "just for fun" seemed horribly inappropriate hahahaha! sorry, that was funny.
    allybot

Answer by allybot at 12:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I agree I wish they still had it I think because most families but a gallon of milk now but still we should see more heck put it on the back of cereal boxes if they can

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm guessing because with Amber Alerts, the internet, and 24 hour cable news outlets that the word gets out much faster about missing children than it did in the late 70's/early 80's.

And the milk container notices likely didn't reach everyone--not everyone drinks milk--or bought it in half gallon containers.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm sure I've seen a milk carton with missing kids on it more recently than 28 years ago. Perhaps it's still done regionally?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Good question. Maybe it is because most people buy the plastic gallons as a pp said.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009