Do you want your healthcare decisions made as secretive as the decisions of the Federal Reserve?

Sen. Jay Rockefeller, chairman of the Senate Finance Subcommittee on Health Care, will take from Congress all authority over federal health spending and decree that such decisions in the future would be made by a secretive committee of "experts" modeled after – are you ready? – the Federal Reserve Board.
Look up medpac.

Dr Death Emanuel would be appointed to head the medpac board.
Is this what you want?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• HELL NO! 

MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 11:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Oh yeah that is surely what I want! SARCASM.This is truely unreal.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Link Please
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• http://wvgazette.com/News/200905230207

http://bulletin.aarp.org/states/wv/2009/20/articles/rockefeller_wants_medpac_become_executive_agency.html

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Daily-Reports/2009/May/26/Rockefeller-MedPAC.aspx
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I wish people would stop being so lazy and start looking for links to disprove things instead of links to support any reason to believe. It's obvious that many of you won't believe things from any link, simply due to who the OP is. Don't believe it and still want to debate? Find your own link to disprove.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Wow, secretive committee? You got all that from those articles?

My tin foil hat must be broken. I like the idea of taking medicare out of Congress, although I think they should privatize it, not move it into the executive branch. Government shouldn't be in business.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i can see why the term secretive committee would put people up in arms, but the government does a lot thats secretive, so i think its safe to say that it will just be overseen by a government committee. theres still no way in hell i want the government to tell me or my doctor what kind of care we have. nor do i want them to decide my parents "end of life" process.
    allybot

Answer by allybot at 12:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I was reading about this yesterday. That is just what we need.....eyes are a rollin'........
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It amazing how people "called experts are allowed to make a decisions on one's health. They will kill us before we get adquate to no medical treatment!
    Angellight626

Answer by Angellight626 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2009