WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUmgB12H5JA THIS ONE IS A SAD STATEMENT, ONE I SEE WAY TOO OFTEN, WHAT WILL YOU DO? IS IT BETTER FOR THEM TO TURN AWAY FROM GOD ALTOGETHER?

Asked by older at 11:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Necro you are very luckie I went to a small school I can name 3 class mates out of 30 who came out after high school. During highschool almost every one knew. They where treated horrible the girl was date rapped and told if she let any one know he would tell the whole school. Anytime people sat next to them at lunch they would discuss how cool what Happened to Matthew Shepard was. I honestly am supprised they made it though.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i cant watch the video (computers being lame) whats it about??
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• THE VIDEO GIVES STATISTICS ON GAY YOUTH SUICIDE, ETC, IT'S AIMED IS TO STOP THE HATE.

Answer by older at 12:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• ok fixed my computer and watched the video...i dont think the statistics are accurate, some of them might be but most of them i dont think are. I agree with stopping hate towards the LGB community though..i went to a small school so the LGB community there wasn't teased or bothered at all..so i dont know how things are in bigger schools..im bi by the way and im pretty sure everyone in my school knew it, including teachers.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• NECRO, THE STATISTICS ARE PRETTY ACCURATE, THEY WERE COMPILED LESS THAN A MONTH AGO. IT IS DIFFERENT IN THE BIG CITIES AND BIGGER SCHOOLS.

Answer by older at 12:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• im sorry if i pissed you off about saying the statistics seem off. where are these statistics besides this video? i would love to read them.
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• NECRO, I AM NOT PISSED, I AM NOT YELLING AT YOU, MY EYESIGHT IS REALLY BAD, THIS IS WHY I USE THE CAPS, I KNOW ALL ABOUT THE CUSTOMIZING THE COMPUTER BUT THE CAPS ARE MY HAPPY MEDIUM. I DON'T HAVE A LINK BUT IF I FIND IT I WILL POST IT.

Answer by older at 12:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• lol ok :) im trying to find some legit statistics but no luck so far. most sites im finding about it are anti-gay sites :(

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• NECRO, CHECK THIS ONE OUT, http://www.dreamworld.org/oystergsa/gsa_statistics.html IF YOU GOOGLE IT YOU WILL FIND MORE.

Answer by older at 1:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You don't know how much this scares me. My son is a senior next year and he just came out to some of the teachers last year. He didn't tell me he was going to tell them. I am worried about his saftey now. He has heard some students making remarks and he didn't know something can be done to stop this. I don't know who to trust or who to speak to about this. Can I trust the princiipal? What teachers can I trust? Should I get the Rainbow center involved?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009