preg/school/2 jobs

I work full time. I am 5 months preg. I would like a part time job for 2-3 days a week.. and i am trying to enroll for online school... 3 hours for one semester. I am married.. but when i try to share the info with my parents they tend to be negative. I have some credit cards i would like to have paid down before baby gets here and i want to finish my degree. I know it will be alot to take on but i think i can do it. it just upsets me that they have to be negative and then wonder why i never"talk" to them. maybe i should just keep what i am up to a secret from now on and just prove everyone wrong. i just want to better myself and my family. Is me taking all this on too crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it could be stressful since you are pregnant but you sound like a very motivated person. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with wanting to continue your education, pay off bills, ect. If you want to do it, go for it. If it becomes too much for you to handle, you can always put things on hold. Good luck!!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You have taken on a lot, but your thinking ahead... you might consider an online "job" or owning your own online business if it could fit in your degree... this might help you with you schooling and keep you home with your new baby, working two jobs outside of the home can be hard to get daycare for your new baby... also most childcares will not take a child under 6weeks and some not under 2 so working from home could let you work your full time job if you want and still have income from a second in home business .... mine is computer based, no storing or shipping products.. (a lifesaver in time) best of luck...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 12:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It is hard for parent to watch their children struggle or take risks. Do your parents have their degrees? I am guessing not, and that is probably part of it. Tell them that you are doing this with or without their support, but it would be nice and easier if they would support you and hopefully help were they can.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2009