How can I get my 3.5 yo DD to drink REGULAR WHITE MILK???

When my DD was about 2 I started giving her chocolate milk (vitamin D milk with hersheys syrup in it) for a 'treat' in the morning with breakfast. Well the last 6 months or so I have cut her off of this 'treat' (i know she still gets it when she is @ her grandparents house). I told her if she drinks 1 glass of white milk, then she can have 1 glass of chocolate milk. She refuses white milk at all cost. I say ok white milk or water, and she will say water. so she really isn't drinking too much milk anymore...How can I get her 2 drink white milk again???

Heather!

lionslambs

Asked by lionslambs at 12:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Slowly dilute her chocolate milk to white milk, she won't know what happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• try putting her favorite food coloring in her white milk... now it is "pink" "blue" .... you might not let her watch you make it or take and color your entire milk container her color... it might be special so she will drink it... you can also color her water the same color... white milk will be a better color but the thought is the same... you can also add food coloring to some other foods to help her eat them... blue applesauce it a treat here... kids do judge their food by color as well as taste so mix it up and she will try new things... have fun with it...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 12:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I like the food coloring idea! And weaning is good too...
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 12:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• HAHA ! The first answer cracked me up LOL One time my son had chocolate milk and he wanted more, I wasn't having it so I just refilled his cup that still had some chocolate in it but he knew the difference and boy was he MAD!! I don't know what to suggest except maybe just give that to her and if she doesn't like it then she doesn't have to drink it. Don't give into her tantrum either. When I first read your title I thought maybe it was going to be a health issue and I was going to suggest switching to vanilla soy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Oh try ovaltine too, I think that is a healthier alternative to hershey's
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• They make organic choc milk as well. that is what I buy.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I just give my kid the milk / food, no wheeling or dealing, No other options, Drink it or don"t. But thats all he is going to get. I find the bigger deal I make of something it becomes a show for attention.

KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 12:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Past the age of two , the only beverage that humans need is water. You can liven it up with slices of fruit or vegetables; you can make ice cubes with blueberry eyeballs.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2009