• In the Spotlight:

Positive FFN test

If you got a positive, what happened after that? Medicine, bedrest, etc.?? My Dr. said that he wouldnt put me in the hospital but it would send up a red flag to keep close eye on you, but IDK what else he would do. Im 32 weeks today and am waiting on them to call me back with the result. I know that if its positive it doesnt meant ill have the baby within two weeks, and that a negative result is more accurate than a positive one, but im jsut curious, if you got one before, what did your dr. do for you?

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 12:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I m not sure but basically it means you will have to have some additional testing , and kept eye on it. If you need more info hon, google it and see what comes up to ease the worry. You'll be ok, hang in there. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Mine came back negative all 3 times they did it (31, 33 and 35 weeks) but had it been positive at 31 or 33 they would have admitted me for steriod meds to help speed up my daughters lungs and then sent me home on bedrest. At 35 weeks, they wouldnt have done much of anything.

How dilated are you? What made them do the test? I was 2 cm & 70% effaced at 31 weeks and STILL made it to my induction at 38 1/2 weeks:) So there is hope
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Bearsjen...

Do you know what the FFN test is? There isnt any more additional testing that they can do
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Im not dialted at all!!! i was having horrible contractions that were 3 minutes apart monday all day and they sent me to L&D to be monitored...
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 2:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009