what do you think about SAHMs or a mom in general leaving there kids in PJ's ALL DAY REPOST

My sister is known for this, she happends to be a sahm, thou working mothers sometimes do this too, however working mothers are more apt to dress there LO's because they have to get to a sitter, or day care.
My sister will leave her son in the same footed PJ's all day, all night, and into the next, sometimes I sware his pjs could stand up by themselves.
She will even bath him, and put him back in dirty PJS.
I just feel leaving your children in PJs instead of getting them up and dressed is pure laziness.
Does anyone feel the same.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think there is anything wrong with letting your kids wear their pj's all day as long as they are not filthy. My kids do this sometimes.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I like to be dressed and I get my dd dressed too. Their has been a very rare day that I have left he in pj's during the day, but not much. On sat. I cant stand being in mine past noon. what is someone came by? I fell better up and dressed for the day.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• umm, Its 12:36pm here and both of my girl's are still in the night gowns. Half the time I never drress them unless we are leaving or my dd who is 3 is always in her underware. Layzeness no. It's a waste of doing laundry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Well, I think when she baths them she should change their clothes. Sometimes we have lazy days, where we sit in our pjs all day-like sunday. We were out all day saturday, and came in very late around 2 am, we slept late sunday, and had a lazy day. I try not to do that often, but sometimes I just am being lazy. At the end of the night how ever when we bath it is fresh clothes, why bath if your going to put on dirty clothes.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i do it.If we're not going anywhere why go through all that.I just make sure to wash them
    babysyoungmom1

Answer by babysyoungmom1 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• If we aren't going anywhere, I let my son stay in his undies all day because it reaches 100+ where I live during the summer. What's the point of getting him dressed if he's just going to be at home?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think the situation you described where she might bathe him and put on the same pjs after he's already worn them for 24+ hours is kind of extreme. Under normal circumstances, I don't have a problem with all day pjs though, but not everyday. And it is disturbing to me to go to a store or something and see a child in the middle of the afternoon.... a big kid, not a baby.... in pjs or a sleeper. At least dress your kid to take them out, right??
    rachel92782

Answer by rachel92782 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Pj's are for sleep or when mine are sick... otherwise set a schedule and keep to it, if you work in or out of the home schedules are very important for you and your child.... everyone up by ?, eat by ? work by? ... a sahm can loose track of time/motivation for meals or any social interaction with their child... if that is the case a sahm should look into child care as their little one needs the social interaction from someone... if you can not keep a schedule at home what will your work day be like? ... get them up, dressed, fed, and play time...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 12:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I work out of my home so I wear my PJ's all day unless I go out but I dont have any small children. My youngest is 14 and she can dress herself.
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• When my kids were little (I talking younger than about 18 months), I used to keep them in footed jammies in the winter unless we were going out somewhere. Even when I was driving my daughter to kindergarden, my youngest stayed in his PJs. IMO, they are a little warmer than a 2 piece outfit, with no worries of exposed skin when the top or pant legs ride up, and it saves a little on laundry.
    But, just for the record, they got a clean pair on after they were bathed.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 12:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2009