Friend Situation ....HELP part 2(from the friends POINT OF VIEW)

My friend posted this question awhile ago. I just came back from a long time away and I'm disappointed to say that this refers to me and I'm ashamed of what I have done to her but hear my side and my thoughts because I would like to defend myself..about the husband hating the friend...

I've always helped their families out when help was needed I went through a period of my life when I was under a lot of stress and did do some stupid stuff. I have done things in the past but that was high schoolish stuff and learning and trying to grow.

I'm sorry I don't think her husband has any right to tell her what friends can and can't come over. I told me other half that he has no say in what friends come over but he WILL respect them. I have NEVER stolen from her. I've always been there when nobody else has. I lost my mother in FEB 2009 and found an ex and was dealing with alot. I will explain more when questions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• No idea about the original post. BUT....

If they share a house, they do BOTH have a say in who comes over and who doesn't. That's the way it works.

HOWEVER, if hubby is trying to isolate her from EVERYONE then that is a red flag.

Sounds like there's a trust issue, perhaps? The only cure for that is time and proving again that you can be trusted.

Sorry about the loss of your mom....I've been there and I know it's tough!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Well her question about this is in the closed section by annoy also.
    I don't feel the other significant other has ANY right to tell the other who they can and can't have over regardless if they like him/her. THAT is their friend and should respect it UNLESS they are doing something to harm the family or illegal.
    I did get into her email (once you read her post you'll see the story) but that was a VERY LOW POINT in my life and knew it and took the blame when I knew she was considering blamming it on other people. My friend has had medical issues and has been out of work. I've been the ONLY friend that has cared or understood what she has gone through. She wasn't able to come to my place because she would fall asleep at the wheel. He has YET to sit down and talk to me and tell me why he hates me so much. I don't know I just am confused and regret what I have done!
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• difficult...well you cant chaenge the husband. and she is married to him. best thing is to respect his wishes and wait, maybe over time he will cahnge his toon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• im gunna be mean so goin anonymous...be happy shes still your friend. I wouldn't forgive anyone for getting into my email. As far as her husband, I kinda side wif him, but at least your tryin to be a friend. maybe it will work out?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• See she has done it too to me. She has gotten into my yahoo and my email on AOL, when we had it together. I let it go. Yes it made me mad but I let it go.
    As far as her husband goes. HE LIKES TO HOLD GRUDGES but yet he will take help from me when I offer/give it. Honestly, I think he's a hipocrit, and I think she should leave him because I believe she can find better. I respect her wishes and his to a point. But when I'm treated like shit by him I get a little defensive. We have been friends for many years and it's hard to just walk away. She has been there for me and like I said I've been there for her. Just because I go off without thinking (which I'm diligently working on.) and do stupid things and think I"m not gonna get caught doesn't mean I"m a bad person. HE HAS NO REASON TO HATE ME!!!
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 7:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• this is the friend...LOL its hard for her and me because she wants to be able to come over and visit, and he isnt hearing it...he only doesnt mind her over if he isnt home...and the thing thats hard with that is that he works very little so is always home!!! so what do i do? ignore my husband and cause fights, or listen to him and hardly see my friend...it does suck!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:52 AM on Aug. 6, 2009