Frozen fruit?

For teething people have been saying to put some frozen fruit in her mesh feeder. What kind of fruit would be best? She is a bit over 5 months and the only things she's eaten is cereal and some baked yam...
I let her lick a piece of honeydew once because she kept grabbing at it but she really didn't like it lol.
I just don't know what I should put in there. Thanks!

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 12:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Start with something mild that you would have been feeding her soon anyway, like bananas or apples. Stay away from anything citrus or anything that has small seeds, like berries, for a while. Melon would be good too, if you can get her to eat it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Peaches work good
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• We did frozen banana in my son's he loved it!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• With apples, what do I do? Just cut them into chunks and freeze? Lol should I peel them?
    I must sound so stupid I just don't want to do something terribly wrong
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• If you have one of those mesh things, I always used just plain ice. Cubes out of my ice maker. My LO loved it. That way, if you already give her fruit to eat for snacks or meals, she's not getting extra sugar. And, no, fruit isn't like giving her a candy bar, but too much fruit isn't good. It can mess with their digestion (diarrhea) and it's still sugar no matter how you look at it and that's not god for teeth.
    Or, if you still like the fruit idea, maybe use some watered down baby juice and freeze little cubes to put in it. When my LO was teething, ice was the trick. And the mesh thing let her carry it around with out loosing it all the time from being slippery.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 12:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2009