DAYCARE

Not sure if anyone is familiar with Kids R Kids Daycare Facility, but I live in TX and these people are suppose to be one of the top notch daycare facility, and of course they require top notch money for your child to attend.
If your child has or is attending this school could you please give me any feedback on this place. Is it worth the money?? I dont mind spending more money if my daughter gets more advantages by attending this school. They have spanish, music class, gymnastics, and water park once a week as well as a daily curriculum that is followed daily...no other school offers that in my area, but I'm also wondering if my daughter who is about to turn 2 would be ready for all of that... Any advice??

AmoresMommy

Asked by AmoresMommy at 12:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Peace of advice, my kids were in day care. The ones I found the most effective, was not as structured, I didn't want them to feel as if they were in school so young. Each kid is diffrent, if your kid needs more structure then that might be best. I would look to see how they approach the kids, and if they are loving, and a kind facility. Not as structured. Remember they are kids, and need more love, and happiness especially when they then anything.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I worked at a Kids-R-Kids in GA when I was in high school and the owner of that place was a total b****. The state was always there inspecting because it was substandard.(ie- baby snakes found in the infant room, injuries on the playground, etc.) I quit after only being there for about 3 months. I later worked at a daycare here in GA that is private. I was there for 5 years and only left because i wanted to stay at home with my son. In privately owned day cares, the owners are there because they truly have a love for children. The owners of the private one I worked at are sisters-in-law (husbands are brothers) and one of them had been a 3rd grade teacher for a long time. My advice to you is to NOT put your LO in a franchise daycare-i found at Kids-R-Kids that the owners look at it as a business and nothing more. Granted, not every franchise is like this, but in general, I have found this to be true. and look for low ratios.
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 1:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• ran out of room-- look for low child/teacher ratios...
    annelebar

• I think you should go to the school check it out ( see how clean the school, kids, the ratio, how structured the class or better yet the school seems, how the teachers act) then i you believe it is fit for your daughter, alot of schools allow you to bring the child in for the day and see how they react. Its hard to judge a school even if it is a fran. because each franc. is ran and operated by diffrent people which means diffrenet point of views and standers. You will know whats best for your child once you find the right place. If that doesnt help maybe a group in your area has mom who has more to offer you about that school.
    Brandy8308

Answer by Brandy8308 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2009