how do you get your S/O to do this?

I dont expect anything ever from my Husband.. how ever I would have loved a flower or a card or even a thanks you did a great job ANYTHING really..
how would you himt to your S/O about getting you something after baby is born.. I dont want him to spend much of anything money wise but even a peice of paper that him and our son drew on for his mommy and new sister would be great.. How do I get him to do this wityh out making it sound like he has to??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I think men are completely clueless - they miss hints. If you want something, tell him exactly what it is you want. "I would love to have our son draw a picture for me while I'm in the hospital when he comes to see me"

Answer by missanc at 1:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• THIS KIND OF ACTION HAS TO COME FROM THE HEART, IF IT IS NOT IN YOUR HUSBAND TO DO THIS, YOU CAN'T CHANGE THAT. BUT A LITTLE HINT HERE AND THERE CAN'T HURT.

Answer by older at 12:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My hubby wasn't hear when our newest baby was born but before he left he got her a giant fluffy dog. He hasn't gotten me anything or told me anything but he is excited and happy and that's enough for me. I never even thought about me getting anything after baby was born...
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Here not hear
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It never occurred to me to get anything from my husband on the birth of our children. (and I didn't)

I suppose his thoughts are more of the new member of his family that he now needs to provide for.

Answer by Bmat at 12:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It has to come from the heart darling..,...you can't "make" him do anything. But you can communicate to him that you're feeling under appreciated and he might get the hint. Don't measure love and appreciation through material things though....he can very well show you in other ways.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 1:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• he kinda needs to do that himself...if u trick or convince him to its meaningless
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• so you want a reward for having a child? Get over yourself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Personally, I think if you have to hint in order for your SO to give you presents, then it doesn't really count as much as if did it on his own. I didn't expect anything from my SO when I had my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i did not get anything from my boyfriend after giving birth
    he was on the fence about the whole thing
    i guess i was happy that he loes our child

but on mothers day, he got a card at supermarket that day when he went for ham and buns
    i was so hurt, at least before that i thought he respected me for taking care of the kids, he has two from his ex wife and one with me

so i guess he thinks very little of me
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2009