who's really happen with their lives either because you've worked towards what you wanted in adulthood and got it or fate placed happiness in your life? If you're not really content, can you yourself personally be-how?

I'm not happy in my marriage but I'm better than I was. I know more finally what I need and that I'm allowed to be happy and my contentment at my age and place is way stronger than it was. I sit on the beach often. Watch our budget and order movies free on demand instead of thousands of dollars in theatres that come out in six months or so in dvd and itunes. I'm happy that I've realized it is best to state firmly what's wrong without screaming and walk away from a fight. Being older in my fifties has brought me happiness and accomplishments I'm glad with for myself and my family. What about you?

I see my son has practiced calmness very well, freaksout little. My daughters too. The computer in our lives complicates them with games and movies 24/7. Cutting that out has made improvements. I'm not addicted to CM or reading newspapers online. Being w/o computer games has helped my kids. Someday maybe my husband bw/o2.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• yet here you are with the rest of us
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think that each of us has a road we must travel. Some people get happiness and are able to be content while others seem to never find fulfillment. But I believe in reincarnation so I don't think this is our only shot and that in each life we work out things and get closer to not having another life.
    I've found my soul mate in this life but have chronic pain issues and limited physical abilities. I'd love to be well again but it's not going to happen so I try to enjoy what i can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• this wa sa confusing question. I don't udnerstand the subject happen? And are you asking a question or just stating a fact?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• anon 146 op here You sound a bit like me. I've learned to work around what's not perfect and that makes things better. Somethings I've found just can't be worked through, into and out, to have a better outcome than what it was. I'm sorry for your pain. Wow reincarnation. Some people have come back from death literally during surgeries memories and accidents I believe what they say they have seen of Heaven's Door and Earth's life so I'm not one to say reincarnation does not exist. It's like when you come across someone and for a long long time you can't forget them, just know somehow that person has a place somewhere in your world but not sure how.

I don't do yoga, I'm not an exercise freak for calmness or peace. it's weird but what's helped to bring better tmes is just that when I pray I pray for guidance to find answers and for peace to deal with hardships instead of pleading for the problems to be solved NOW!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• 122 anon Hi, I''m op. Don't know if you'll come back, not sure what you mean?

sure I'm here like you with problems I'm just realizing at my older age that my peace and patience I've wondered if life would give me can be had for me just changing a few things and how I think. I'm not a yoga teacher or minster.

Just a regular person like you that's me still here with you and others, realizing calm works better than the other way. As old as I am and what I've been through I've earned calm. Hardships will always be around but a lot of times being calm eases stress of whatever for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Hi anony247, this is op. You're right!!! My 'question' sure was loooooooong huh. Sorry about that!! I was just wondering what different ones of us do to deal with different things life send to us or throws at us, that's all. Doing different things for my family's budget and keeping up with it doesn't give us much more money but worry about how to handle the $ we've got is lessened.

I've got some relatives who can't be at peace or calm without their healthclub time or evening or afternoon run. That's never worked for me but good if it does for others. I'm just glad to have figured out ways for my own times to be more peaceful. Wondering of ways that other moms get peace up and running or quiet times in their homes or lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009