Circumcison (sp?)

MY SS JUST TURNED 2, HIS BM DIDNT WANT TO GET HIM CIRCUMSISED B/C SHE DIDNT WANNA HURT HIM?? WELL IM GUESSING SHE NEVER TOOK THE PROPER CARE FOR IT CAUSE NOW WHEN HE GETS A LIL ERECTION THE HEAD WONT COME OUT. I TALKED TO MY DD'S PED. AND SHE SAID TO START TRYING TO PULL THE SKIN BACK A COUPLE TIMES A DAY. WELL MY DH AND I TRIED AND NOTICED WHEN WE DID GET THE HEAD OUT, ON ONE SIDE OF HIS PENIS THE SKIN ISNT CONNECTED AND ON THE OTHER SIDE THE SKIN IS STILL CONNECTED TO THE HEAD?! HE IS STARTING TO CRY AND HOLD HIMSELF WHEN HE GETS AN ERECTION! WE TOLD BM AND ALL SHE SAID IS IT'LL BE OK IT'LL GET BETTER THE OLDER HE GETS! THE SKIN SHOULD NOT BE CONNECTED AT ALL AROUND THE HEAD! RIGHT?? WE ARE GONNA TRY TO GET HIM IN TO SEE THE PED. TOMORROW TO SEE WHAT SHE SAYS BUT IM JUST CURIOUS WHAT YOU LADIES THINK? THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am surprised your ped told you to pull the skin back. This ped doesn't know much about the uncircumcized penis. It is still normal for the foreskin not to retract at age 2, and you shouldn't ever try to pull it back. Do some more research on care of the uncircumcised penis. His penis is fine.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• BUT SHOULD THE SKIN BE STILL CONNECTED ON ONE SIDE AND NOT THE OTHER? IS THAT NORMAL?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• That is totally normal. It will detach all the way around eventually.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Here are just a few of the many many sites that can help you....good luck

http://parenting.ivillage.com/newborn/ncare/0,,3q6t,00.html

http://askville.amazon.com/clean-penis-uncircumcised-baby/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=2845477

http://www.musckids.com/health_library/newborn/circum.htm

http://www.blissfulbirth.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=10
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• omg< DON'T PULL IT-it is fine. MY SON is five, and he is doing fine. The skin is not completely off of the head-it is very close to being all off, but that is normal it is coming off slowly. The doctor said it is fine. At two he was the same-don't ever, ever pull it apart. Move back slowly clean and always wipe when he pees. DON'T PULL IT APART, IT WILL CUT HIM AND THEN HE WILL BE IN PAIN, HE IS DOING WELL NOW.

My son cleans down there himself, he wipes all the time, every shower he pulls it back and cleans what is not attached. He is a pro at it, but it takes alot of practice, he needs to be properly taught to clean it, and wipe it good when he urines, because you don't want the urine to stay in there and cause an infection. Good luck.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• YES THAT IS NORMAL, ANNO
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• for the record urine is sterile and will not cause an infection
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Ok I wasnt sure, I will say that we only pulled the skin back once and thats when we seen it and we didnt wanna touch it again cause it seemed like it hurt him which now Im guessing it did hurt. Thank you ladies so much for the info :)

What could be causing him to hold it and cry? After he gets outta bed, me and dd are usually already up he comes walking into the living roon holding on to his diaper and crying.. i change him and he does it a lil while longer?? IDK whats wrong tho?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my son just went thru this and it is not cause she didn't take care of it, it is because when they circumcised him at birth they did not pull the skin back far enough, my son just went to the uro monday and that is what he told me. he will need to get to a uro to get it fixed and they will numb it pull the skin off and numb it again but u wil lneed to get him some tylenol as well and if that dont work they will have to do surgery is what i was told
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 3:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2009