Did you teach your little boy to pee sitting or standing?

If you 1st taught them to sit when did you teach them to stand?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• i taught my cousin, who was in my care for some time, to stand. at walmart instead of small potties they have little toddler sized urnials....easy because then theres not much of a mess
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i taught my son to stand only women sit..if he sit it may go every where cause the penis is too small.
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 1:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I taught my nephews standing up. They had a little step stool so they could reach the toilet. I put cheerios in the toilet and told them to aim at them and sink them. Then they would get a marshmallow for doing a good job and going pee in the potty. they loved it and learned fast
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• We started out sitting and just in the last week, I moved him into underwear everyday and taught him to stand. He can see brother doing it so he knew exactly what to do.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• heck yeah to stand.. out on the front steps.. it was so easy to.. they love to pee outside..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 1:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• When my sons learned, they sat at first. Then eventually stood up. For my younger son, once he saw his brother standing, he began standing up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i guess i'm different; i taught my son to sit and point his pee pee down. i don't want to deal with the mess of a two year old's aim. he'll learn later.
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 1:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I starting teaching my son to sit and pee but it just wasn't working for us as soon as he was tall enough to stand I started teaching him to stand because that's how he wanted to do it since he used to follow my dad, his dad and other males to the bathroom all the time and he saw thats how they were doing it and to be honest we've had less messes with him standing than we had with him sitting.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I had steps to the toilet and a clear plastic cup and it was a game to see how full he could fill the cup each time. By the time that wore off he just went to the bath room him self.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• he started sitting down and then he liked to kneeling on the toilet seat instead cause he felt like he was standing like daddy does. he did that about a week or so after he was potty trained. it is much easier for my son.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 2:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009