How has being a Mom changed you?

I just had a baby 5 mos. ago. I can't say my personality has changed too much, but my attitude definitely has. I no longer take the little things for granted, like going shopping or out to eat or getting a pedicure. I no longer worry about petty, insignificant things (like whether or not others 'approve' of me and my lifestyle). I have trouble sleeping at night, even when my daughter is sound asleep. How has motherhood changed you?

danielp

Asked by danielp at 1:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it made my become alot more mature fast!
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 1:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I really dont care about what people think of me at all when before i somewhat cared....I used to drink a ton and now i dont really have an interest in it unless i have a babysitter for the night....thats probally my biggest change...O and i used to nap every day and now i go go go untill like 11:00 at night that is also a big change.....i used to be a heavy sleeper now i wake up from a drop of a pin
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• well no more raod rage.. cant get out of he car and threatn to beat someone up for taking my spot anymore, i try to be nicer, well somtimes when there with me, cause i dont want them to be a dick when they grow up cause ther mama was a total b*tch all the time..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 1:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• For me my focus shifted so much. Before my son I had the luxury of doing what I wanted when I wanted. Once that little boy came in to my life, I ceased to matter and was happy to devote everything to my son. My son is my world, before anyone else. I don't use babysitters much. I want as much time as I can get in. I worry constantly that something will go wrong or hurt my son unless I am there with him.

I don't base my value as a mother on what other's think. I am the best mother I can be for my son. I don't go out partying or clubbing, I don't drink, I am home every night and my idea of getting out of the house is having lunch at the local mexican restaurant with my sister in law and that usually means our sons are with us.

Everything changes when babies enter your life. I love those types of changes. It makes you realize how everything ceases to be about you. Kids rock!
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• * ArlieBeeMee, you crack me up!!! hahaha :D

I don't take a lot of the careless risks I used to (like road rage. lol). I was 34 when I had my DD so, I'm pretty set in my ways, but I used to be a lot bigger risk taker. I miss those days but wouldn't change things for the WORLD!! =)
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 2:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I also relaxed about a lot of things, but also worry about a lot of new things! I was never sure I wanted to be a mom but now that I am one I can't believe I ever thought of not being one. I love my 2 month old daughter more than ANYTHING on this earth. Overall I'm happier now and enjoy the little things so much more :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2009