Caught Between Parents and Former Fiance...what do I do?

My former fiance broke up with me because he said he thought it would be the best for everyone right now...he and I had only been living together raising our four month old for a month before he decided to end things. It was the first time we had ever lived away from our parents (we are 21 and 22). My son and I were forced to move back in to my parents house after the break-up, because we had no other place to live at the moment. Now, the FF comes to visit me and the baby after he gets off of work, and then goes back to the house we used to live in together, and this is making my parents really mad. The FF says he wants to be friends for the moment, with the goal of getting back together....but my parents think it's unfair that he stops by whenever he feels like it. They say that I should give him the ultimatum of either wanting to work things out as a family, or to cut me out of things completely and take our son and see him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• On a pre-determined schedule....what should I do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have to agree with your parents. FF kicked you out and doesn't want to be with you "right now" ... that is a load of crap, btw.... personally, I would see a lawyer, set up child support and visitation and move on.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I would set up custody/visitation for the child and move on with your life
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I agree with your parents. Set times up for visitation. If he wants to work it out fully....then he will say so. If he settles for the visitation, he is happy with things how they are. He should not be able to come and go as he pleases, particularly in your parent's home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Listen to your parents. They give good advice.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2009