Stop Bashing? I don't think so! Do you want to know why?

Two illegal immigrants came to US. Husband finds a job, doesn't pay taxes and receives $700 cash every week. (lucky ha!)

They have 4 children all American Citizens 3 of them have a learning disability so she (the mother) gets $600 SSI for each child (total $1800.00 every month).

They send $1,200.00 every month to their country.

I think this is just way out of hand. How does the government permit it. And this is just one story.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ok what about the natural born citizen that by the ripe old age of 24 has three children by three different fathers, never married and never had a job. She has WIC, Housing, Medical, Food Stamps and has had all of this for 8 years. She and most recent father (he has lived with her in PA housing for almost 4 years) not married because, and this was her answer to me "If we get married than I lose my benefits, and Steve would have to get a job"

Point being the system is broke and needs repair, illegals are not the only flaw in the system.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 1:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• How does the government permit it? Because it's easier to permit it than to DO SOMETHING.

That's why no one has done anything in decades.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yes we know there are more money going out than staying in. We know!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• But are you willing to do the jobs that the illegals do? Most likely no. My husband works somewhere that they will hire a bunch of guys and by the next day the only ones that are still at work are the ones that are most likely illegal.
    My question is that they present a social security card, ss is taken out of their checks and fed. withholding. Where is that money going? They will never see a dime of what they pay in because they have no way to claim it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My question is that they present a social security card, ss is taken out of their checks and fed. withholding. Where is that money going? They will never see a dime of what they pay in because they have no way to claim it.

Great Observation!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• But are you willing to do the jobs that the illegals do?

You really think people living in cities with 20 and 25% unemployment won't take a job if you had one? Here's the question for you - the "jobs nobody wants," how many do you think are paying a LEGAL wage and won't fire you immediately if you so much as hint at the word OSHA? People won't do those jobs because they are unsafe and illegal, and treat the employees more like slave labor than human beings. If you were really so compassionate, you should be outright pissed at the working conditions they get to endure. But the fact remains, they are breaking the law. And there's the real rub. If they payed a legal wage, payed for the workman's comp insurance like they should, and followed labor laws, legal citizens would do the jobs, and all those criminals would be out of work again with no money to go home, so would earn even more sympathy.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• But the fact remains, they are breaking the law. And there's the real rub. If they payed a legal wage, payed for the workman's comp insurance like they should, and followed labor laws, legal citizens would do the jobs, and all those criminals would be out of work again with no money to go home, so would earn even more sympathy.

well said!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My question is that they present a social security card, ss is taken out of their checks and fed. withholding.

ever hear of the term WORKING UNDER THE TABLE?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Considering my husband works for this company, I don't agree with you. They are paying all of those things, they follow all the rules. All their employees have "paperwork" but ICE came in and said that none of it was good.
    They pay a good wage, but they pay piece work and white boys are just not going to keep going after lunch to make money. This is what my husband told me (he is one of the white boys). They pay workmans comp., and they follow labor laws.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Carpy, yes I have heard of working under the table... but I know of companies that hire what they are thinking are legal employees (see my post above) who are having all the taxes taken out etc. I know of legal citizen who work under the table. Why? So they don't have to pay child support, so they don't lost their PA, etc.... does that make them any better? Really, there is a bigger problem then just illegal aliens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009